Winter is upon us so that means stews, hotpots, roasts and most importantly, soup! This is a firm favourite in our house, there really is nothing that comes close to the warm internal hug you get from a steaming bowl of pea soup. This is hearty, nourishing and packed full of goodness to keep you going on those cold, cold days.
Super easy to make and deeply satisfying every time you do x
- Cooking pot or saucepan
- Stick blender
- 250 g quick soak dried split peas
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 litre vegan stock
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 stick celery sliced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice ½ lemon
- Dissolve the tablets included with the quick soak peas in 850ml of boiling water and soak the peas in the water for two hours.
- After 2 hours drain the peas and wash thoroughly under a running cold tap.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onion, celery and carrot until they start to soften. Add the soaked peas and stock to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the frozen peas, nutritional yeast and the lemon juice. Cook for a few minutes more until the peas are cooked through.
- Using the stick blender, blitz the soup until smooth.
- Get inside the bowl and scoff the lot!