One of the things I miss the most about my pre-vegan life is a fried egg sandwich. This was always my go-to snack of choice whilst training or camping and now it’s no longer a thing of the past!
There are some eggcellant dippy yolk fried egg recipes out there and they are all good, but for sheer speed and lack of faff, ours is a winner!
You’ll need to make up a batch of B’s awesome Tofu Scramble seasoning (check out the recipe on our site) and from there it’s assembling a sandwich which really isn’t even really cooking, or a recipe, but we just wanted to share the love on this one!
- Frying pan
- 2 slices extra firm tofu
- 2 slices bread of your choice
- 1 tsp vegan spread
- 4 generous shakes scrambled tofu seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Spread your bread and add sauce accordingly then set aside.
- Heat up the oil between medium to high heat.
- Cut two slabs of extra firm tofu (we are using TOFOO in this recipe).
- Gently place the tofu 'eggs' in to the hot oil and wait for a few seconds, then flip each piece over and leave for 2/3 minutes to get a bit crispy.
- Shake tofu seasoning on both 'eggs' then spread evenly with a spatula.
- Flip both eggs then repeat the previous step.
- Put the 'eggs' to bed between two lovely pieces of bread with your favorite sauce and tuck in!