These little mini frittatas are easy to make and really yummy! They don’t taste exactly like their eggy counterparts, but they are very similar and delicious in their own right!
Make them ahead of time for a quick grab and go breakfast or lunch, or just enjoy them straight out of the oven (as we often do!)
For the tofu seasoning check out our tofu scramble recipe.
You can get pre-made muffin liners but it is cheap and easy to make your own from baking parchment.
Vegan Chickpea Flour Mini Frittata's
- 1 red pepper diced
- 3 spring onions sliced
- 100 g mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1 tomato diced
- 150 g chickpea (gram) flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp tofu seasoning See tofu scramble recipe
- 100 g tofu
- 500 ml water
- Preheat oven to 200°c (180°c fan).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the pepper, spring onions, mushrooms, tomato until soft and not too wet.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin with baking parchment by cutting rough squares for each hole and pressing into the shape. Grease lightly with oil.
- Put the chickpea flour, tofu, water and tofu seasoning into a blender and process until you have a smooth batter.
- Spoon an even amount of the cooked veggies into each hole in the muffin tin.
- Pour the batter into each hole, right to the top, stirring after to mix with the veg.
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins until golden on top.
- Allow to cool slightly so you can handle them, then lift the frittatas out, still in the paper cases, and place on a wire rack for 10 mins to cool and set.
- Serve hot or cold for breakfast or as a tasty, high protein snack.