I love scrambled tofu! It is one of my favourite breakfasts and I could eat it every day. There are loads of different ways to make this ever so tasty dish, but I think a lot of recipes can be rather dry. So I had a play around with different ways to add that soft creaminess you get with scrambled eggs, and this is my favourite version so far.
Packing a huge protein punch that will keep you full until lunchtime, this recipe is low in fat, high in nutrients and tastes sooo good! To make things even simpler, you can make up a batch of our vegan ‘egg’ seasoning to keep on hand, so you can make this quickly any time.
Try serving on toasted sour dough bread, with roasted cherry tomatoes and mushrooms for the perfect breakfast anytime!
- Frying pan
- Hand (stick) blender
- 400g firm tofu
- 150g silken tofu
- chopped fresh chives and parsley to garnish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30ml plant based milk (we use oat milk)
Seasoning (alternatively, use 2-3 tsps of our vegan 'egg' seasoning)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp kala namak (black salt)
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion granules
- Crumble the firm tofu into pieces and set aside.
- Put the silken tofu and the rest of the ingredients apart from the chives into a jug and blend until smooth with a stick blender.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the crumbled tofu for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Pour over the silken tofu mixture, and stir to mix evenly with the crumbled tofu.
- Cooked over a gentle heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent it from sticking, until it is heated through. Add a little more oat milt if it is getting dry.
- Taste and add additional seasoning if needed, to taste.
- Serve hot over toasted bread, with fresh oven roasted tomatoes and mushrooms for a perfect breakfast anytime!