Cream of leek soup I hear you say? But surely leek and potato is the king of soups? I thought like you until today, the day I put some veggies in the cooking pot and this recipe came out. This is a wonderfully, comforting, fluffy, cloud-like soup that transcends soup as we know it and sits atop a new soup throne as soup of soups. Champion of soups. The ultimate soup.
This is a great alternative to leek and potato if you’re trying to reduce carbs and as a stand-alone soup it shines!
- Cooking pot
- Stick blender
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 large leeks approx 450g
- 2 medium carrots approx 200g
- 1 small white potato approx 120g
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 brown onions
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp soy cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 litre vegan stock
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- This soup couldnt be simplier! Dice all of the ingredients and add them to the pot.
- Sweat the veggies of for 5 minutes until they have gone a bit soft.
- Add the nutritional yeast and parsely to the stock and pour on to the veggies.
- Bring to the boil then reduce to simmer for 25 minutes.
- When everything is soft transfer to a mixing jug and blitz until smooth.Add the cream and blitz again.