This is an amazing combination of flavours! If you are looking for a bit of a change from more traditional chilli’s then definitely give this a try. It is easy and quick to make with only a few cheap ingredients.
You can add more chilli if you like things hot!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cajun spice mix
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- 1 medium brown onion finely diced
- 1 large garlic clove finely diced
- 1 butternut squash pumpkin also works well
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 300 ml vegan stock
- 400 gram tin black beans drained and rinsed
- 400 gram tin kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 300 grams brown basmati rice to serve
- 1 lime optional, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°c (180°c for fan assisted).
- Peel butternut squash, cut in half, scoop out seeds then cut into 1 inch dice. Place on a greased baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast in the oven for approx 20mins until the squash is soft and slightly crispy on the edges, set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the rice according to the packet instructions (around 30mins for brown rice).
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, then gently fry the onion, garlic and spices for 3-5 mins until the onion is soft and the spices fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, beans and stock. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 mins, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened and the beans are soft. Season to taste.
- Stir in the butternut squash cubes and the fresh coriander and serve immediately on a bed of rice with lime wedges.
- Place your list items here